Sunday, February 12, 2023

Taylor New York - Port

 This wine has been given to be for a tasting by my fellow partner who claimed that this was the best wine he has had in his entire life. As I really enjoyed the dry sherry from the same vineyard, I was more than interested in this desert wine. 

Name: Taylor Port
Variety: Port
Region:  Finger Lakes, New York
Country: United States
Year: Unavailable
Price: $10

Critic Review: New York - Taylor Dessert Port is a rich, moderately sweet, ruby red port. This wine features a rich fruity taste and smooth finish, which create a unique taste and depth of character. This wine pairs well with roasted duck, pork medallions, and chicken with mushrooms [1]. 

Wine Folly Review: The most famous fortified wine of Portugal is a blend made in a range of styles including white, rosé, red, and tawny. Each style has a unique taste, so try them all! If you want to experience what a perfect pairing tastes like, grab a bottle of LBV or Vintage Port and a hunk of Stilton cheese [pg. 133, 2.

Personal Review: In the wine course, I was told that ports do tent to be very sweet, however I didn't quite realize how sweet. The sweetness was really in my opinion unbearable, I could drink a total for 10 sips before it being more than enough. In all reality it sort of felt like drinking spiked grape jelly. Maybe this wine would make sense purely as a desert. However, I would pair it with cheese, to try to beat the sweetness. 

Works Cited
1. “Taylor Port,” Total Wine & More. [Online]. Available: https://www.totalwine.com/wine/dessert-fortified-wine/port/taylor-port/p/1583015?s=&igrules=true. [Accessed: 12-Feb-2023].

2.  M. Puckette and J. Hammack, Wine folly: The Essential Guide to Wine. New York: Avery, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner Blog 2

 For the second wine dinner blog my boyfriend and I did in Puerto Rico, however we wanted to try something different, not fancy this time. T...