Saturday, February 4, 2023

Taylor New York - Dry Sherry

 A dessert wine that I didn't know existed until I started taking the course - a Sherry. 

Full name: Taylor New York - Dry Sherry   
Variety: 100% Concord
Region: Canandaigua, New York 
Country: United States 
Year: N/A
Price: $7

Critic Review: Light in color and delicate in flavor with nuances of roasted nuts, Taylor Dry Sherry is a classically styled pale dry sherry. It is delicious as an aperitif. Serve slightly chilled, over ice, with a twist, or with soda[1].


Wine Folly Review: Sherry is Spain’s top fortified wine, made primarily with Palomino Fino grapes and extended oxidative aging. It’s available in a range of styles of bone-dry to very sweet. Serve a Fino or Manzanilla Sherry with smoked, fried, or grilled fish, or vegetables. Try Amontillado Sherry with barbecue. Try a PX or Cream Sherry with gooey cheeses[pg. 145, 2].


Personal Review: When buying the wine, the cashier highly questioned my purchase, so I was relatively scared of trying it back at home. However, as soon as I poured it, strong grape smells came through and it smelled very sweet. I like sweet, and I like grape. It tasted overall very very nice, gentle flavors, perfect for paced drinking. I got the hints of nuttiness, but it didn't seem dry at all. The wine had a certain level acidity to it making it balance out the sweetness and the alcohol. Overall 8/10, would try again. 

Works Cited
1. “Taylor Dry sherry price & reviews | Drizly.” [Online]. Available: https://drizly.com/wine/dessert-fortified-wine/sherry/taylor-dry-sherry/p157. [Accessed: 05-Feb-2023].

2. M. Puckette and J. Hammack, Wine folly: The Essential Guide to Wine. New York: Avery, 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner Blog 2

 For the second wine dinner blog my boyfriend and I did in Puerto Rico, however we wanted to try something different, not fancy this time. T...